Monday, November 12, 2007

"Yeah, in the South we weren't Jewish. We were Italian."

I got to see Eric in Hollywood this weekend. It was so nice to see him, because you need ties to people. Hanging out with him was also really good because we hadn't really hung out in over a year, and we used to be really good friends. This felt a little like picking up where we left off, which was nice.
Hollywood is a fun area. I wish I could spend more time there. A guy came up to me in Starbucks, took my hand and asked how I was. I talked to him for a few minutes, he asked if I was looking to make any new friends and when I said not really, he said, "Well, okay. Thank you. You know, usually, beautiful girls like you don't talk to me." I smiled and said you're welcome, and then I got my coffee. It was a good night.
Only in Los Angeles.

I've been talking to a lot of people about what Nashville's like. It's not bad, and it's a cool place to visit, but I don't want to live there anymore. And I really don't want to go back to the South. It was fun talking to Lauren about her experiences as an outsider there (apparently her family went to a Bluegrass club in East Nashville). She understood why I'd want to leave, which is more than I can say for most of the people who either live there, or have never been.

Also, can I just say that I'm crazy jealous that Sarah got to party with Eddie Izzard and Orlando Bloom? Bitchhh. (just kidding)
Ah, well. I've got time.

PS: Oh my god. I'm reading a novel for class where the main character is singing about peristalsis. I love my life.

No comments: