Monday, January 28, 2008

You can make him like you.

So this weekend was all about film. Thursday night, after I saw Derik Nelson from my Music Industry class play at Ground Zero (he's amazing, check him out: http://www.myspace.com/deriknelson), I ran into my super-cool director from last semester. We chatted for a minute, but he was freezing and it was starting to rain, so we fled.
Friday, I saw a really amazing film- Chicago 10. It's an art documentary about the 1968 riot at the Democratic National Convention and the arrest and trial of the Chicago 7. It's really cool, using all real footage and a lot of motion-acted animation. I would really recommend seeing it when it comes out (February 29th) because the better it does in its first week, the more likely it is that they can get wider distribution. Everyone should see this film.
Saturday morning, I was in Genevieve Farrell's 290, which was fun. It was really cold out, but I think the film should turn out nicely. We came back on Sunday to get a few more shots, and I met a really cool guy named Rolf who was playing one of the other characters. I think he's also in my 130 class, but there's a billion people in that class so I could be wrong.
Sunday night, in lieu of doing most of my homework, I watched Southland Tales which reminded me a lot of Sin City meets Pulp Fiction meets some scifi film that I can't think of at the moment. Really excellent film. I enjoyed it a lot.
So, that's how my weekend was all about film. I did miss out on the 30th street riot, but I'm kind of okay with that. It's hit or miss with me and police officers. Sometimes they're really nice to me, and sometimes we don't get along. You never know. I don't judge.
I've been thinking a lot lately about things in the past. It's going to be Spring soon, and I do that a lot in Spring.
That's probably why I don't like it very much.

No comments: