Friday, January 25, 2008

we all get it in the end.

So, this I wrote a while ago (actually, on another blog), just musing after I saw a film. But, since I haven't updated this one in a while, and I don't have the time/energy to catalogue anything worth being interested in, I'll repost it and just let you read it. Worthwhile thoughts, I think. Definitely better than some bullshit description of my day.

Remember when love was beautiful?
Remember when kissing someone felt good?
Remember when sex was more than just something to fill the time?
Remember when we all meant something? Remember when we knew?
Remember when we were sure?
And bright? and wonderful?
Remember when we had reasons to smile, and laugh, and dance?
Remember when we were unafraid to be naked, open, exquisite?
And we used art and not wine to kill the pain?
When our bodies were more poetry than vehicles?
And we were more than enough for ourselves?
We are still beautiful.
We're still young. We're still alive.
We all just need to be touched.

No comments: