Tuesday, December 11, 2007

it always rains like hell on the losers day parade.

I saw Barack Obama speak last night. He was really inspiring. Honestly, I'm so glad I'm supporting him and I'm definitely going to get more involved in the next few months. I think we need him to be president, and I'm scared that something will happen before he gets a chance to change the country for the better.
So, that was the highlight of a really amazing night. I'll go backwards. I got to see the goo goo dolls, who have been one of my favorite bands since I was about 12. They played 2 of their new songs (including "Stay With You" which is so beautiful), and they played "Slide" which is their biggest hit, and then they played my favorite song, "Broadway." It was the first one I heard of theirs and it's still one of my favorite songs. I was so happy.
Before them, a couple of people spoke about Barack and Ne-Yo performed. He was really good. I'm excited for him about his Grammy nominations.
But, before that was probably the most unlikely event of all. Bret, Kira, David, and I couldn't find the amphitheatre and we ended up wandering into the premier of Charlie Wilson's War instead...into the VIP area. Randomly enough, they let us in and it was only when we got to Will Call that we realized we were at the wrong place. On the way out, I almost bumped into someone having their picture taken. It happens. Happens all the time, just not when that person is Julia Roberts. FYI, she's incredibly tiny and beautiful in person (even more beautiful than onscreen) and I totally might be in the background of her publicity photos. Hell freakin' yes.
So, I had a good night. I had a really good night. Obama '08!

No comments: