Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm no Superman

In California, I can back into a parking space, and animals eat out of my hand. The man at the gas station counter told me I was beautiful, and I'm pretty sure it was because I was buying a homeless person a snack. Life is so much better here. I wish more people were happy.

I do things very deliberately. I try so hard to be nice, and yet I amaze myself with how unpleasant I am on occasion. One thing to realize about me is that I will rarely ever lie.
I do things pragmatically, and as much as I love to be spontaneous, I plan or think about everything. I'm never not inside my own head. There's pretty much a reason behind everything I do. I realize that I gave myself a finite amount of time to make exclusively bad decisions, and most of them had names. I miss that time, but I choose my bad decisions carefully now. It's works.

November is my favorite month. It's 70 degrees and sunny right now. This year the election makes November a little more stressful. Losing sleep, losing weight. I don't know. At least it'll all be over in three days. I hope I survive. :/

No comments: