Saturday, October 27, 2007

So now-

What does one do to make a blog interesting? Something that people want to read.
I think you have to talk about things that they know, or things that they want to know.
I guess I can talk about people. I'm not going to make a bunch of posts trashing people's reputations or whatever. First, because that's not how I roll. Second, because USCene has it covered pretty well. But, people are definitely more likely to read a blog if they think they might be on it. So you might be.
I guess I can talk about me too. Not much, because I have other sources for if I want to whine and bitch about things, but on occasion, I guess I'm interesting. I think about things. Sometimes those thoughts are interesting. I can post those.
I also write. I guess, if people read this, I can posts bits of things that I'm working on. I like feedback.
So this is how one starts a blog. Hm. Whatever.

Thought for the day: I saw a fellow Trojan in line in front of me at Ralph's, and she was buying about sixteen packs of instant ramen and a diet coke. I was simultaneously amused and saddened.
Also, it's Halloween. You'd think I'd be able to find a damn headband with a pair of fuzzy cat ears, but no. That's all I want. ("The real hardcore girls just wear lingerie and some form of animal ears.") Actually, mouse ears would be better, because I really just want to wear an outrageous outfit and then point to the ears when people ask what I'm supposed to be and say, "I'm a mouse...duh."

I heard Ben Folds' "Song for the Dumped" for the first time. It's really quite fabulous.
I have a lot to do tonight, and it's not getting done. Enough that I skipped out on two separate Halloween parties. :(
Ah, well. There will always be more parties. Halloween lasts another 4 days here.

No comments: